"Our story begins in the heart of Winnipeg. In the spring of 1904, Winnipeg Supply opened for business on the northeast corner of Portage Avenue and Main Street, one of Canada’s most celebrated intersections. It was a simple start to an enterprising journey that stretches over ten decades, four provinces and the careers of thousands of Winnipeg Supply employees.
The company has changed, but in many ways, it remains the same. The Winnipeg Supply name has been associated with a myriad of resourceful endeavours – a limestone quarry in Alberta, coal mine in Saskatchewan, silica sand operation in Manitoba and building supply business in Ontario – but the true spirit of the firm is found in the respect and recognition it receives at home. Here, in the hearts of Winnipeggers, Winnipeg Supply continues to stand for the time-honoured certainty of trusted service."